Saturday, December 26, 2015

Audio Obsession #5. Audiobook recs.

Audio
Obsession
Audio Obsession is a feature where I spread my love for audiobooks around blogosphere. Here you’ll see all things audio related.

Lately several of my friends were looking for a good audiobook to listen and asked my help. I realized that it’s not that easy to make a choice. So today I and lovely Arlene from Waves of Fiction want to tell you about several audiobooks that we’ve enjoyed this year.


Arlene’s picks

Sebastian York narrated Owen Gentry's POV in Confess by Colleen Hoover and Elizabeth Louise narrated Auburn Reed in that same novel. Their voices commanded the stage in this novel, and it made it easy to fall into their story and believe their romance. I gave this novel 5 stars, and I attribute it to the narration of these brilliant voice actors.
I also have to commend Polly Stone who narrated The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I absolutely adored this novel for many reasons…. one being the passionate narration of Stone as she took us through the horrific events of World War I.

Ksenia’s picks

I loved The Distance Between Us by Kasie West narrated by Jorjeana Marie. She is one of my favorite female narrators, and she did such an amazing job here. She really brought to life the heroine of this book Caymen.
I highly recommend the audiobook The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes. Some readers complain that they have difficulties when one narrator performs both male and female voices. You won’t have such problem here. We have four narrators here: Elizabeth Bower, Ben Elliot, Nicola Stanton, Steven France. And their performance is very good.

What about you? Have you listened to any good audiobooks this year? Hit us with your recommendations!

5 comments:

  1. I will listen to Sebastian York narrated anything! He is one of my favorites. The Nightingale will be on my favorite list this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so cool listening to dual perspectives through audiobooks for Confess! Thanks for sharing Knesia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really taken the plunge with audiobooks. For me they feel dreadfully slow. But I might have to check out your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I LOVE audio books!! I've even listened to a few dramatised ones, so it'd swap voices for narrators and that was awesome. *nods* But mostly the ones I listen to are only narrated by one person. :P My favourites are the Game of Thrones audios! oh oh and Holly Black's White Cat series. ;D I loooooved The Distance Between Us but you make me want to reread it on audio!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made it my mission to get into audiobooks this year, especially when I'm busy with other things and not having time to read. Thanks for the recommendations girls, the Colleen Hoover one sounds awesome, going to check it out <3

    ReplyDelete